This product was added to our catalog on Friday 01 May, 2015.
The Damask Cake Lace mat is a brand new design inspired by the opulence of classical damasked fabrics.
The Damask Lace Mat can also be used as an impression mat.
Use this with Cake Lace, to apply beautiful edible lace to wedding cakes, celebration cakes, or anything else!
You can attach Cake Lace by brushing a tiny amount of water onto your sugarpaste, and gently press your Cake Lace onto this.
Benefits of Cake Lace:
Cake Lace is so easy to use, simply make to manufacturers instructions, spread onto the mat and place in the oven at 70°C. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, take out of the oven and cool for five minutes, it is then ready to use. From start to finish your Cake Lace could be ready to use in less than 30 minutes.
The beauty of Cake Lace, once it has been made, is that it will stay moist and pliable for many months to allow you to create masterpieces that may take a period of time.
To make 100g of Cake Lace:
1. Place 50ml of water into a food mixer.
2. Add 4 tablespoons (42 grams) of Part A (powder)
3. Mix on high for 2 minutes
4. Add half a teaspoon (2.5ml) of Part B (liquid)
5. Mix on high for 5 to 8 minutes until the Cake Lace looks smooth
6. Pour some Cake Lace mixture onto the mat and spread with the Cake Lace knife.
7. Cake Lace can be air dried (6-8 hours) or placed in a preheated oven at 50°C - 80°C (10 to 15 minutes)
8. When the Cake Lace is ready to be released, place face down on a greaseproof paper. Release with help from the knife.
9. To adhere the Cake Lace to your cake use a little water straight onto the covered sugarpaste cake. Place the Cake Lace on and press gently.
10. Any Cake Lace mixture that is left can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Cake lace will remain pliable for many months, transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
Cake lace can be coloured using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colours. Airbrush or spray to achieve dark colours.