This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 09 June, 2013.
**Cake Lace Spreading Knife
Introducing the perfect tool to complement your Cake Lace mats! Spread and cover with ease using this Cake Lace Spreading Knife. Perfect for both small and larger projects, this knife is perfectly smooth and safe for use as it is not sharp. Use the smaller edge at the end of the knife for spreading your Cake Lace on details and cupcake mats.
With a comfortable handle and a tapered blade, this food-safe knife is the perfect addition to all your edible lace projects!
To make 100g of Cake Lace:
1. Place 50ml of water into a food mixer.
2. Add 4 tablespoons (42 grams) of Part A (powder)
3. Mix on high for 2 minutes
4. Add half a teaspoon (2.5ml) of Part B (liquid)
5. Mix on high for 5 to 8 minutes until the Cake Lace looks smooth
6. Pour some Cake Lace mixture onto the mat and spread with the Cake Lace knife.
7. Cake Lace can be air dried (6-8 hours) or placed in a preheated oven at 50°C - 80°C (10 to 15 minutes)
8. When the Cake Lace is ready to be released, place face down on a greaseproof paper. Release with help from the knife.
9. To adhere the Cake Lace to your cake use a little water straight onto the covered sugarpaste cake. Place the Cake Lace on and press gently.
10. Any Cake Lace mixture that is left can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
A small amount of Part B will be left, you can optionally add this to create a softer lace.
Cake lace will remain pliable for many months, transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
Cake lace can be coloured using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colours. Airbrush or spray to achieve dark colours.
Customers who bought this product also purchased