This product was added to our catalog on Monday 13 January, 2014.
Please note, if you wish to have the butterflies free standing, you will need to have a standard mix, and a pearlised, premixed colour of your choice, and follow the link below for the tutorial.
The Butterflies Lace Mat is a brand new style of mat never seen before; a 3D Lace mat! Due to the different depths of the design in the mat, any lace you create with this mat will have natural 3D highlights. The Butterflies Mat is brilliant for cupcakes, you can use a single butterfly to really highlight your design. Simply mix and spread your lace onto this mat as normal, and you can create your own free-standing butterflies for your cake.
The Butterflies Lace Mat comes with a 24 individual designs, consisting of both 3D and conventional 2D elements, and can also be used as an impression mat.
Use this with Cake Lace, to apply beautiful edible lace to wedding cakes, celebration cakes, or anything else!
You can attach Cake Lace by brushing a tiny amount of water onto your sugarpaste, and gently press your Cake Lace onto this.
Benefits of Cake Lace:
Cake Lace is so easy to use, simply make to manufacturers instructions, spread onto the mat and place in the oven at 70°C. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, take out of the oven and cool for five minutes, it is then ready to use. From start to finish your Cake Lace could be ready to use in less than 30 minutes.
The beauty of Cake Lace, once it has been made, is that it will stay moist and pliable for many months to allow you to create masterpieces that may take a period of time.
Create those beautiful free standing butterflies you've seen:
To make 100g of Cake Lace:
1. Place 50ml of water into a food mixer.
2. Add 4 tablespoons (42 grams) of Part A (powder)
3. Mix on high for 2 minutes
4. Add half a teaspoon (2.5ml) of Part B (liquid)
5. Mix on high for 5 to 8 minutes until the Cake Lace looks smooth
6. Pour some Cake Lace mixture onto the mat and spread with the Cake Lace knife.
7. Cake Lace can be air dried (6-8 hours) or placed in a preheated oven at 50°C - 80°C (10 to 15 minutes)
8. When the Cake Lace is ready to be released, place face down on a greaseproof paper. Release with help from the knife.
9. To adhere the Cake Lace to your cake use a little water straight onto the covered sugarpaste cake. Place the Cake Lace on and press gently.
10. Any Cake Lace mixture that is left can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Cake lace will remain pliable for many months, transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
Cake lace can be coloured using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colours. Airbrush or spray to achieve dark colours.